Saturday, May 10, 2008

And so it begins...

A Lesson in Murphy's Law:
On Tuesday, I cycled from my house to downtown Kelowna in just over half an hour. Today, driving that same route took just over two hours. There were cars everywhere - in trees, perched on fences, poking out of the sewers... Or perhaps I was hallucinating - things like that can happen when you're trapped inside a vehicle for two long, long hours. I resorted to taking pictures of the traffic. Photos of traffic. Thankfully, I made it through without too much mental trauma.
 
Despite the rocky start, it was smooth sailing once I got across the bridge and started on my way to Merritt. After a mercifully traffic-free drive, I checked into the Best Western to discover that I had the largest hotel room on the planet. I'm pretty confident that my van would fit comfortably in here. Unfortunately, the owner requested that I don't test this theory so we'll never know for sure.
 
It looks like we've got a fun weekend ahead of us: Tomorrow morning, we'll be up bright and early to do some door-knocking in Merritt. After convincing the riding to elect a Liberal MLA in May 09, we'll head out to the Merritt Golf & Country Club and spend the rest of the day helping out at a golf tournament being put on by the local Riding Association. Sunday morning, it's off to Kelowna to do some more doorknocking. We'll take a break in the afternoon to have lunch with Mickey Patrluk, President of the BC Liberal party, before returning for one final blast of doorknocking.
 
Check back for updates!
Kev

No comments: